Study in Malaysia
Study in Malaysia
Malaysia draws tourists from all over the world with its stunning scenery, diverse culture, and natural attractions. The nation's distinctive fusion of historic and contemporary buildings was motivated by the variety of cultures and races present. Its location makes it the ideal choice for any overseas student seeking a novel academic experience.
WHY CHOOSE MALAYSIA TO STUDY?
All different types of people find the country to be appealing due to its recent quick development. Because of this, there are many distinct ethnic and religious groups and the culture and people are quite diversified. Malaysia is home to numerous animals as well as thriving cities, stunning beaches, and endless rain forests. Since Malaysia is one of the world's top 17 mega-diverse nations, it is home to about 20% of all animal species.
The nation's Ministry of Higher Education oversees the tertiary education framework and system. Students who decide to pursue higher education in Malaysia have the option of enrolling in undergraduate or graduate programs as well as certificates and diplomas. In the top 500 QS World University Rankings for 2022, there are 8 Malaysian universities. University Malaya (UM), which is ranked 65th overall, is the highest ranked of these. Malaysian universities can provide a top-notch education together with a distinctive experience.
The South China Sea divides the two mainland regions of Malaysia, West Malaysia and East Malaysia. You may anticipate pleasant temperatures all year round due to the tropical climate. The country stays green and the flora healthy thanks to the plentiful monsoon seasons. Malaysia is entirely encircled by water, with the exception of its shared land borders with Thailand to the north and Singapore to the south.
In Malaysia, there is proof of occupancy by modern humans dating back 40,000 years. The country has been governed by various nations during this time, which broadens its cultural diversity. Malaysia has experienced one of Asia's strongest rates of economic growth since gaining independence in 1957. Tourism, science, and medical tourism are other economic drivers in addition to the nation's natural resources. The Malaysian healthcare system, in which the government has made significant investments, has received praise from the UN Development Program. International students who desire to further their studies in an exciting and developing nation will find Malaysia to be the perfect choice due to its developing economy and quick development.
Malaysia's administration, which is based on the British parliamentary system, is a reflection of its lengthy and interesting past. In addition, the nation is a constitutional monarchy where the president is chosen every five years. The multiplicity of religions practiced throughout the nation is another indication of its diversity. Despite the fact that Islam is the state religion of Malaysia, there are several minority religions as well as alternative faiths including Buddhism, Christianity, and Hinduism.
THE PRICE OF LIVING AND STUDYING IN MALAYSIA
Malaysia's official currency is the Malaysian Ringgit (MYR).
Each college will have different tuition costs, but those at one of the numerous public universities will be lower. An international student should budget about MYR 7,000 annually for a bachelor's degree. An overseas student will pay about MYR 11,000 each year for a master's degree. Higher tuition costs are possible at private and international institutions, especially for specialized fields like medicine.
For those pursuing postgraduate degrees, scholarships are available that can aid with funding. You can get more information about this from your institution.
Compared to other tourist locations like the United States and the United Kingdom, Malaysia has a lower cost of living. Budgeting for between MYR 10,000 and MYR 15,000 annually is advised. This covers lodging, meals, and travel. Your living expenses will be more expensive if you reside in a larger city like Kuala Lumpur than they would be if you did. Additionally, you must make sure you have health insurance for your stay in Malaysia. Your institution may advise you on the best student-friendly coverage.
While working is not authorized for international students during the academic year, you will need to show that you have enough money to get to Malaysia. This entails making sure you have the necessary cash set up well in advance.
STUDENT VISAS FOR MALAYSIA
You must apply for a Student Pass, which serves as a student visa, in order to be able to attend school in Malaysia. Before you arrive, you can apply for this online, but once you accept their offer of a spot, it is more typical for your institution to do so.
You will require the following documents if you are applying for a Student Pass on your own:
If your course is longer than a year, your Student Pass must be renewed because it only lasts for a year.
Although Bahasa Melayu Malaysia is the country's official language, English is also acknowledged as a language in Malaysia.
At both public and private institutions, English will be the primary language of instruction. You might need to provide evidence that your language abilities meet the teaching criteria if English is not your first language. Universities frequently provide English proficiency courses to help you if they don't, so take advantage of them if you can. It is usually advised that you try to learn a bit of the Malaysian language, even if you are taking an English course. Learning will be easier if you practice your communication skills with locals and fellow students. Your CV or resume will look fantastic with this expertise!
Kuala Lumpur, the nation's capital, is populated by 1.79 million people. The city serves as Malaysia's political, social, and financial hub and serves as the monarchy's royal residence. With the Petronas Twin Towers, the highest twin structures in the world, Kuala Lumpur is now a very contemporary metropolis. One of the nation's oldest universities, University Malaya, is situated in the city.
Penang is also a part of Peninsular Malaysia. Penang Island and Seberang Perai are the two principal regions that make up Penang. George Town, the nation's capital, was established by the British in the late 1700s and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The location is a popular tourist attraction just because of this. Here is where you'll find University Sains Malaysia, one of the nation's oldest educational institutions. A number of medical schools and institutions are also located in Penang.
Johor Bahru, one of the nation's principal commercial centers, is also one of the cities with the greatest population growth. Tourists from Indonesia and Singapore, which are nearby, visit it frequently. Its retail establishments and shopping centers, like those in Kuala Lumpur, draw tourists from all across the region. The University of Southampton, Raffles University, and Newcastle University are just a few institutions with campuses in Johor Bahru.
Degrees you may be interested in studying in Malaysia
• Accounting degrees in Malaysia
• Automotive Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Chemical Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Computer Animation degrees in Malaysia
• Construction Management degrees in Malaysia
• Electrical Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Engineering Management degrees in Malaysia
• Finance degrees in Malaysia
• Industrial Design degrees in Malaysia
• Industrial Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Marketing degrees in Malaysia
• Mechanical Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Medical Science degrees in Malaysia
• Medicine degrees in Malaysia
• Product Design degrees in Malaysia
• Psychology degrees in Malaysia
• Public Health degrees in Malaysia
• Real Estate degrees in Malaysia
• Software Engineering degrees in Malaysia
• Surveying degrees in Malaysia
Masters you may be interested in studying in Malaysia
• Accounting masters in Malaysia
• Automotive Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Chemical Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Computer Animation masters in Malaysia
• Construction Management masters in Malaysia
• Electrical Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Engineering Management masters in Malaysia
• Finance masters in Malaysia
• Industrial Design masters in Malaysia
• Industrial Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Marketing masters in Malaysia
• Mechanical Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Medical Science masters in Malaysia
• Medicine masters in Malaysia
• Product Design masters in Malaysia
• Psychology masters in Malaysia
• Public Health masters in Malaysia
• Real Estate masters in Malaysia
• Software Engineering masters in Malaysia
• Surveying masters in Malaysia
UNIVERSITIES IN MALAYSIA
• Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU)
• International Islamic University Malaysia
• Lincoln University College, Malaysia
• School of The Arts (SOTA), USM
• Sunway University
• Sunway University Online
• Universiti Kuala Lumpur (Uni KL)
• Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
• Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR)
• University of Malaya
• University of Reading Malaysia
• University of Science, Malaysia (USM)
• UOW Malaysia KDU University College, Utropolis Glenmarie